Long gone are the days where you just slap together a bunch of batteries with enough Volts to supply the power you need. The rate of development in the battery industry is rapidly increasing thus creating the need for a Battery Bank Design Course.
You will be introduced to the different kinds of batteries and shown how to calculate the optimum return on investment, not only in power performance but also financially.
Duration: 1 Day
Presenter: Gerhard Pretorius (B.Eng Mech)
The objective of this training course is to inform and educate individuals (with sufficient technical qualifications) on battery bank design and installation particularly for renewable energy storage.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a technical course and not an information session. It is preferable that the attendee has previously attended a Solar PV Installers course.
- Electricians wanting to expand into renewable energy market
- Current Solar PV Installers wanting to increase their product and technical knowledge
- Other technically qualified individuals who are interested in the renewable energy market
- Be able to design and specify a battery system as a storage solution for renewable energy
- Be aware of the different types of batteries and their applications
- Be aware of the different battery brands and their specifications which are available in South Africa
- Be aware of the sizing and selection of appropriate invertors, chargers and solar photo voltaic modules with reference to the different types of batteries used.
- Introduction to Battery Systems as a storage solution for renewable energy
- Explain Storage
- Reason for Storage
- Technology Forecast/Trends
- Types of Batteries
- Cost vs Life Cycle
Description & Specifications
- Pro’s & Con’s
- Duty & Life Cycles
- External Factors
- Management Systems
- End of Life
- Feasibility Comparison
- Depth of Discharge
- Life Cycle
- Financial Model
- Standards & Safety
Attendees will receive a certificate of completion.